Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 14, 2011

Picnic at the Cheese Factory

It's finally beginning to warm up around here, which means more outdoor activities for us.  The Cheese Factory is just a few miles down the road from the ranch, so the other day, when my North Dakotan friend, Katie was visiting, we stopped at the cheese factory.

The grounds are beautiful.  You may remember from a previous post, we try to visit the Cheese Factory often when the weather is nice. The store has all your picnic needs; crackers, pasta salads, wine and of course cheese that you can watch being wrapped right there through the viewing window if so inclined.















Katie, who was thousands of miles from where she lives, hears "Katie, Katie..."

Now, this was the very first time Katie had visited this particular area of California.  I could not believe she actually ran into someone she knew!  She tells the story well with her own blog post,  pay her blog a visit to hear the remainder of her cute story.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

12 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

I loved her post today. Certainly the universe aligned to make that happen! Your kids are so adorable!!!

Marli said...

Love the photos!
*MeMoRy

Sue said...

Adorable children here, I will visit katie, thanks you for sharing.
Sue

Robyn said...

The Cheese Factory sounds like fun. I read Katie’s post today too. It’s amazing how small the world can really be.

I am happy you have some beautiful sunny days to enjoy. It has been snowing here since about noon. Not fun in the mid-April and mid-calving. But, as they say "this too shall pass."

Shanae Branham said...

What adorable pictures. The weather looks beautiful. I am glad you shared your trip to the cheese factory with us. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun filled day!
Wonderful smiles:)

Rae said...

Sounds like a great day. I'll have to pay Katie's blog a visit.

Buttons Thoughts said...

I love picnics and cheese. It looks like someone does not like their photo taken. B

bon bon said...

i grew up just half a mile from a cheese factory so this takes me right back. fresh curds are my favorite!

Unknown said...

If I close my eyes, I can still hear the tangle of the cow bell when you open the door, and the squeaks on the wooden floor. I so miss the cheese factory, and make a point to visit as often as possible. Such a great after school treat!

Janice Grinyer said...

lol your son definitely has the look of "my mom's a photographer...sigh"...And we love cheese factories too!

vintage pendant said...

I indeed enjoyed reading of you post. It seems like you have a great moment there. I am happy to see you have beautiful sunny days there.