Growing up in a Portuguese family, I have many many memories of traditional Portuguese dishes that my mom cooked for us. Many of the recipes included one of my all time favorite sausages, Linguica. When I was sent this hispanic recipe for Chorizo Scrambled Egg Breakfast Taco, it brought me back to the many times my mom would cook breakfast for dinner......scrambled eggs, linguica (similar to chorizo), toast and milk.
IMUSA is a leader in Hispanic cookware and they invited me to share their recipe with you all! If you think you will be feeding a crowd over this upcoming holiday break, you might want to try this delectible dish...
Chorizo Scrambled Egg Breakfast Taco
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo links (about 7 ounces)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup cilantro, divided
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 10-12 corn flour tortillas
- Chipotle Tabasco (suggestion for topping)
- Mix sour cream, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and put aside.
- Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Place in IMUSA tortilla warmer or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In an IMUSA non-stick sauté pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Sweat onions for about one minute and add diced chorizo
- Cook for 5-6 minutes until chorizo is browned.
- Add half of the cilantro and all of the cooked chorizo to beaten eggs and mix. Bring eggs back to the IMUSA pan and cook on low heat, mixing from time to time.
- Place cooked eggs, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and remaining cilantro in separate bowls and lay them out throughout the table with the warm tortillas.
- Allow your guests to assemble their own breakfast tacos
Photo and recipe courtesy, www.imusausa.com !