Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 7, 2011

Twins

Part of the fun pet sitting at my sister's house when she's away is catching a glimpse of all the twins that have been born recently.  My sister's brother-in-law {who also lives on the ranch} raises organic lamb and sheep and while I was pet-sitting her furry critters, the pasture along the road leading up to her house was filled with these cuties....











I wish the kids and I could have gotten closer to them, but without looking as though we were practicing for  mutton busting or maybe, more appropriately, a sheep scramble competition, it wasn't happening.  They're wild little critters and wanted nothing to do with me or my two kids in tow.


So we just observed them from a distance.













Which was just as beautiful......but not peaceful.

"LOOK AT THAT ONE!" ~ Bryce

"THERE ARE TWINS OVER THERE!" ~Paige

"CAN WE CATCH ONE?!" ~Bryce

"CAN WE TAKE SOME HOME!?" ~Paige

And so on, and so on, and so on, until we reached my sister's house.


I love to hear from you! To leave a comment, click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It
Post a Comment