Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 17, 2011

The Close of a Chapter

At one time in my life, before becoming a mother, before becoming a 'wife of a dairyman', I was a Harley chick.  The long rides out to the coast on a hot summer day will forever be remembered.

When riding a Harley, even when riding with friends, you're alone with your thoughts.....only because there is really no other choice.  If you're a Harley owner yourself, you then know the first thing you do after purchasing a Harley is change out the factory exhaust system to very loud porker pipes.

Chatting is not an option.  I really enjoyed riding, it was almost therapeutic for me......not to say I was in need of therapy or anything........you know what I mean, right?














Ever since becoming a mom, I have really had no time to ride.  Yes, I could have gotten a babysitter and taken a ride...but is that something I would want to do on a regular basis?  No. 

I would rather take any scheduled babysitting time and spend it on a date with my husband, or with my girlfriends to catch up on the things that have been going on in their lives........not sitting on a Harley.  It began to seem such a waste of time, riding a motorcycle......as I'm sure many moms can relate, I could be doing SO many other things instead, with that time.













So rather than letting the motorcycle just sit in my parent's barn and deteriorate,

my cousin, Victor offered to buy it from me.  Yesterday was the day it was time to say goodbye.  Close the chapter.

But not before snapping a few pics of my kids sitting on it. 

I think I see a couple of  Harley riders sometime in the future...













I had to take a last sit on it myself. And for all the unending photos I snap of my kids.......my six year old,
Bryce, was giving his mama a little payback.........






 





Cousin Victor lives in southern California.....a perfect new home for  my his Harley.


















Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

16 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, by the looks of that one photo, you were one very hot biker chick... (still are!) but i understand the need to have it used more. at least its going to someone you know instead of a stranger... :( end of an era...

MEGA Farms, a family farm. said...

Beautiful Bike!!! Hope in the future you can again ride sometime with your teens! Very fun!

Cybernista said...

It's never too late. I got my license two years ago after my kids were grown. But I understand trying to find the time is a challenge. It's a chapter of your life you'll look fondly upon. :)

Michelle said...

I do hope you find the time in a few years to get back on the bike. Everyone needs time on their own!!

Sue said...

You didn't say if you took one last ride, lol. Enjoyed this read, thanks for sharing I know your cousin Victor will enjoy it.
Sue

Dawn said...

Oooooohhhh! So jealous. That's the bike I dream of every day. For when the kids leave home;)))

Kathy said...

Oh my gosh, biker chick??? Seriously never would have guessed.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sacrificial, yes, but so worth it :-)

Ott, A. said...

You looked very natural sitting on that harley. But the great thing about ending one chapter is that next chapter starts with a blank page.

Penny @ Single Cup Coffee Maker said...

Hey, you are still a good lookin Harley chick!

You can always get another one in the future, and with those cuties of yours I bet they will want one too!

The Weaver of Grass said...

All things come to an end - and you will always have the memories.

bon bon said...

look at you getting back in the saddle! ha! love it!

be sure to tell cousin victor you expect to receive postcards from his travels!

crystal.cattle said...

Love the pictures! I have never road on a motorcycle before. Maybe I need to add that to my buck list! I bet you'll be back on one sometime in the future.
www.crystalcattle.com

Katie said...

Oh those close of chapters are always bittersweet! But you'll ride again when visiting Viktor i hope. And I love the pics!
Katie

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

from one biker chick to another....you got your priorities straight girl! Family first. You'll be back on one before you know it. Once those kids are grown and out on their own....you'll be heading down the highwayyyy looking for adventureeeee.

I also am in agreement....all Harleys should have straight pipes! There's nothing sweeter than that sound!

Suzie Salmon said...

Both my Dad and my brother own Harleys. They have no end of fun riding up to any new house in a new neighbourhood that I move to/have moved to...they love the impression the porker pipes make on my neigbours and I have to say it makes me smile too! And Nancy, my Dad is 75 so you still have many years to get back on a bike and ride :)