Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 30, 2010

Marin French Cheese Picnic Grounds

I so love the Marin French Cheese Company.  It's about five minutes away from our house and it Rules for picnics on a nice day. 



The kids and I paid them a visit today.



Before we headed over to the pond, we stopped in the store so Bryce and Paige could say 'hi' to the cheese makers/wrappers.




A full house in the cheese wrapping room.  They also give tours of the facility but I think you need to sign up in advance for those.....maybe next time.



The store has all the necessities you need for a great picnic.



All sorts of flavored pepper jelly.  Can't you just taste this on a cracker or french bread with some cheese?  YUM!



A variety of flavored Champagne vinegar and tapenades.



Kozlowski Farms jams, jellies and chutney.



O'Niell honey



One serving, mini bottles of wine.


And regular sized bottles as well.


For our afternoon refreshments, I decided on this....


Bryce decided on a lemonade.....


And Paige on chocolate milk.


After sitting in the shade for a bit, the kids picked some little flowers for me.  Oooh, that reminds me, they're still in the pocket of my purse.




Then they preceded to throw pebbles into the pond.  You can also fish at this pond as well and as a matter of fact there was a man there with his three boys fishing.  I saw them catch and release 3 or 4 tiny fish...how fun is that?!

















We'll be visiting again real soon.  Next time I'm going for the cheese, pepper jelly and mini bottle of wine!

Happy Friday!  Cheers! Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've taken my kids to the Cheese Factory so many times over the years, for school field trips and family picnics, it's a fun place to visit and the cheese is delicious, nice pictures Nancy!