Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

July 13, 2010

My Arms Aren't Long Enough

A few things to share; my first pickin's of the season and I'm so excited!

Okay, okay, I know radish is Super easy to grow, but hey, it's the little things right?



These could have probably stayed in the ground a bit longer, but once I saw red peeking out the top of the soil, I just couldn't help myself. 

I didn't even wait for the kids!  Shhh..

I guess I'm just a big kid.


I'm just happy that something is growing in my garden.  And I had to photograph them to document.


I'm hoping the photos are in focus though.  I had to put my Cannon on the manual setting because the auto focus was focusing on something other than on what I wanted it to focus on.  And I normally just snap photos on automatic.

Which brings me to item #2 I have to share;

My eyes are bad.

Really bad...for me.

I've never worn glasses and now when I read, I need to hold the book out at arms length! 

My arms aren't long enough anymore :(

The 40's are rough.....everything begins to take a dive.  I thought 40 was supposed to be the new 20.

Question.....Do I need to wear my reading glasses to use the manual focus on my camera?!













Happy Tuesday! Pin It

8 comments:

Stacey said...

They're so pretty. I would've picked them too.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!! I wish I had a garden!

maryelizabethroche said...

Oh No!!
The forties aren't rough...it's the fifties that really hurt!!

Heather @ Side of Sneakers said...

Ooo those radishes are beautiful! I need something super easy to grow- I'm failing at everything!

Kristina Ruth said...

Those look yummy!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Forty will seem like the new 20 when you're 60 :-). This is my first visit to your blog, so I've spent some time browsing through your earlier post. I'm so glad I did. I really enjoyed my visit and will be back often to see what you've been doing. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary

Farmchick said...

My garden is finally coming around after being drowned by rain many times. Your radishes look great. Thanks for stopping by my blog...oh and yeah...I have a horrible time trying to see...I take my glasses off in the house because I can't see...up close...and usually end up losing them! lol Good times...

Pat Tillett said...

A little bit of salt and I'd just love to pop one of those babies in my mouth...

nice pics!!!