Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 25, 2011

Thing One & Thing Two ~ Bulls

After some halter training with calves, Brittney and Emma I walked over to the bull corral to check on the two 18 month old prospects.  As I walked carefully up to the fence, so as not to startle the two of them who were enjoying a sun bath, 'Thing One' , the ornery one, immediately began to stand.....of course. 

But I didn't let him scare me!  There was a steel pipe fence between he and I, after all! 



' Thing Two', who will most likely remain here on the ranch as one of the resident bulls, didn't bother to get up.















He actually looks rather docile.  And while snapping a photo of him, what comes into my view finder?!........
















This..............













And then this...............













Thank goodness for steel pipe fences.  Phew!

Related posts:
Big Bad Holstein Bulls
Left Stranded
Bulls Feeling Frisky


Pin It

2 comments:

ann said...

He just wanted to give you a kiss. Looked friendly to me.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@ann, maybe looking for a salt lick also.