Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 5, 2011

Mommy, Mommy it's Turning Orange Outside!!

Weeks of stormy weather we've been having here in California, can tend to be a bit of a downer.  I know the water is much needed and I'm not complaining....really.  I will not complain about the mud that I drive through to go into town or to drop off at school every morning.  I will not complain about how cold it feels.  I will not complain that my kids can't play outside. 

Instead, I'll be grateful for not having to water the plants.  I am grateful for the nice cozy fire in our wood stove every night.  I am grateful that my dog, Chloe can go potty outside on her own.  And I am very grateful for breaks in the rain, when they come because at times, something as beautiful as this sunset can be produced right outside my front door.

So when I hear Paige yell, "Mommy, Mommy, it's turning orange outside!" I immediately hoist myself up from the office chair I've been keeping warm and rush outside with camera in hand with the hopes of capturing the beauty that I know I'm about to witness. 








Chloe even enjoys the view to the West on this particular evening.




















I couldn't decide on just one photo to post, so you got them all.


Pin It

5 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Great pics, I especially like the one with the little white dog! Have a great day!

ann said...

I love to see the red sunset not to often in Indiana

Katie said...

Oh I love a big sky with a sunset. I see the same on the prairie skyline. Beautiful shots Nancy. Way to go Paige for alerting your mama!

Anonymous said...

gorgeous photos!

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful sunset photos Nancy!