Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 12, 2011

How to Use Every Last Bit of Chocolate Peanut Butter

When I was growing up, my mom used every last bit of food we had in the house.  Nothing went to waste.  All food should be eaten.  I guess that's why we grew up eating cow liver, cow tongue, and cow tail soup from the beef we raised.  I'm proud now to say some of that way of thinking has rubbed off on me.  Oats in a jar is something that's all over the internet in the blogging world, but I had yet to try it myself, until today. 

I've been saving this empty jar of chocolate peanut butter.....yes it's chocolate peanut butter, just for the purpose of trying oats in a jar for breakfast. 















All I did was add a package of instant oatmeal to the empty jar of peanut butter, add my hot water and stir.













Definitely going to be added to my routine from now on. 

Mom will be proud.


Pin It

5 comments:

ann said...

I have never heard of chocolate peanut butter. That maybe real good

Nancy~The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@ann, it's a must try. Just a hint of chocolate flavor in the peanut butter....so good!

Unknown said...

There are 3 boys in our house that would wrestle over who'd get this for breakfast!!

Marie-Journey to Body Zen said...

What a good idea! I must try this! So much better than filling it with water waiting for the peanut butter to come off the sides before putting the container in the recycling bin!

Wonder Wyant said...

Wouldn't have thought of this one. Sounds yummy though.