Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

January 23, 2011

Brittney the Rock Star

Brittney is a rock star!  She is doing SO well on the halter training progress.  It really feels like she wants to please.....Emma....not so much.  But at 3 1/2 weeks old, Emma is young, so it's to be expected.















Paige was getting some leading time in too.  I can totally see her leading a calf or heifer at the fair when she's a little older.

The jury is still out on Bryce though.  If there was some sort of computer generated cow competition at the fair.......he'd be ALL over it.




The number one tip for Paige to remember; don't wrap the rope around your hand and if Brittney runs, let go of the rope.



I am becoming SO attached to Brittney.  What a Sweetheart.  I wonder if Dominic will mind if I keep Brittney in the back yard?
 




Pin It

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a nice Mom! The first thing we told out kids when they started working with cattle (4 years old) was NEVER LET GO OF THE ROPE! Your daughter will be adorable in the showring - there is nothing cuter that a little girl showing a calf!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Jent, oh that is too funny! And thank you!

Twenty Four At Heart said...

I love cows. I think that's probably pretty strange since I live by the beach, but I do. They have such looooooong eyelashes! : )

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for this with my boys! Your kids are so cute! I just have to get my fix by watching the neighborhood kids at the fair. . .

Katie said...

Our Miss E practices her future halter training by pulling around our family dog Charlie. Maybe Miss Paige needs to make a visit to the prairie in a few years to train our girls so they can show a calf or two at the fair! Love the pictures. What a great experience.
Katie
http://pinkepost.blogspot.com

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@MilkMaid09, thank you!

@Katie, I think Paige would to come to the prairie to train the girls:)