Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 29, 2011

Remember Barina the Dairy Calf?

You first met Barina at 10 days old when we brought her on her very first outing to Marin County Farm Day, in March.  Now the little dairy calf is about a month and a half old so Paige and I thought we should give Barina her first halter training lesson.
















I'm planning on taking Barina to a couple of upcoming outings, mainly so kids that don't have access to farm animals can come and see a dairy calf up close. Halter training her will benefit both of us.....Barina will feel safe and secure when on a lead rope and I'll {hopefully} have full control of her.
This was Barina's first time on a halter of any kind.  She did GREAT!  She's real gentle and didn't kick up her heels at all.













This is the look of a four year old when pouting because she wants to take control of my Canon DSLR camera.....no more posing, she wants to TAKE the photos.

So I let her........ 

Barina's first lesson went so well, she'll be following along behind us, probably without a halter, in no time.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below {if you view through a ‘reader’ only}. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

12 comments:

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

I am a sucker for a cute calf!

Anonymous said...

Good job Paige...following in your Mommy's footsteps.....your Nonny is so proud of you! Love you, Nonny

TexWisGirl said...

so sweet!

Michelle said...

A great experience for your daughter :)

Anonymous said...

Oh-so-fun! I'm waiting to find the right calf to do this with so we have one that we can take to the school's Farm Day and other events.

Marli said...

I wanna calf too!! ;p
She really did a great job taking that picture... I like it! :D They're all great pictures!
*MeMoRy

Unknown said...

Looks like Briana is doing great, so glad she is going to help other kids learn about farm animals. And it looks like you have a budding new photographer as well!

Unknown said...

I bet children will love meeting this cutie.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I am so impressed. Halter breaking is just about my least favorite thing, and the sole reason we don't have any foals around our place! I like to get them after they have learned to lead.

Farmgirl Paints said...

she is just beyond cute!!

Debbie said...

What a darling pic, and such a good idea for sharing her with other children. And what a good experience for your daughter too!

Inger said...

How great for your kids to grow up on a dairy farm. I love the picture of her when she wanted the camera. And she took a good photo too.--Inger