Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

April 16, 2011

35 Minutes to the Heart of San Francisco

On evenings such as this one, I love the fact our farm is only a 35 minute drive to the heart of San Francisco.  I LOVE living and raising our kids on a dairy farm, where it's peaceful, we're surrounded by green grass, soon to turn golden, wildlife and animals all around.

But on this particular night, I took the 35 minute drive, crossing the gorgeous Golden Gate Bridge into the heart of San Francisco to meet a friend for a little shopping, drinks and dinner.


















After Katie and I did a tiny bit of shopping at Macy's in Union Square, we headed over to Harry Denton's Starlight Room, a bar that sits on the 21st floor of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel in Union Square.  We each enjoyed a French Martini, which was recommended by another blogging friend, Leah.

A great way to enjoy the view.

After gabbing for quite a while, we walked around the corner and down a couple of blocks for some dinner at E & O Trading Co.













After a shared appetizer of Lamb Lettuce Cups, we ordered dinner.... Katie had the pan steak,













and I had the pork tenderloin with my favorite veggie; brussels sprouts....so good:)

Until next time.....

What have you been up to this weekend?

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

staying OUT of the city (went into Dallas yesterday to meet a friend for lunch at our favorite barbeque place!) so today is 'hang around the place with the dogs' day. :)

Anonymous said...

Didn't travel far today... Very stormy!

I love brussels sprouts too!

Di

ellie k said...

Did you grow up on a farm or just married into the life?

Michelle said...

Oh dear...can I come along next time?! That looks like such a wonderful break from everyday life. Hope you ladies had a wonderful time.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@ellie, I grew up in a rural area...my parents have almost 5 acres of land and we raised our own beef growing up:)

@ Farmchick, yes, you can definitely come next time:)

Kathy said...

I promise I won't get jealous if Nancy promises to take me on the same tour if I ever make it to San Francisco. :)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sounds to me as though you have the best of both worlds there.

Janice Grinyer said...

Thank you for bringing us with you on your outing! LOVELY FOOD! :D!

And every time I visit your blog, being from Wisconsin I am always reminded of that Dairy commercial of the Grandma cow, sitting on the sunny CA hilltop, remembering where she "used" to live (WI) and the calves wondering why Grandma gets whack' once in awhile lol

ellie k said...

I think you take to farm life like you have always lived it, you are a great mother and wife. I know you are an example to many young ladies.

Leah Beyer said...

Nancy, it looked like you gals had a fabulous night. Hope you loved the French Martinis! Next time I am sneaking out to CA too.

bon bon said...

same way i feel about living 30 minutes from madison. but truth be told, i'd prefer a quick drive to san francisco. shhhh...