Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 14, 2011

A Whiz of a Weekend

Wow, August has just been whizzing by hasn't it?!  Here we are almost half way through the month, another busy weekend has passed and time just feels as though it goes faster and faster by the day.....kind of scary. 

I remember, as a kid, the years just seemed to crawl by.  I would hear my parents talking with their friends about how fast time goes by and how "big" us kids were getting, where it couldn't go fast enough for me. Now, as adults, it's our turn to feel that pain of time flying by.  I certainly enjoy watching my own kids grow, but it's bittersweet in a way. 

I want to stop time. 

Right here, right now. 













But I can't.













So I'll just try to cherish every moment of every day.

 Enjoy the little things.













And live in the moment.













I hope your day is going by ever so slowly.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

awww.

Jeannelle said...

I'm enjoying your blog as I share your lot in life as a dairy farmer's wife. I live in Iowa and enjoy seeing your scenery photos from California.

Nancy said...

You are doing all you can do. Enjoy the moment and take pictures. I also wrote down the cute things the children said. Wouldn't hurt to make a journal entry occasionally about what is happening and how you feel about it. The years go by and it is amazing how much you forget!

Your blog is a good history but several people lately have said all their blog entries on blogger disappeared. Is there a way to download them as a safeguard?
Nancy

Katie said...

I absolutely think the same thing. Didn't childhood seem to take forever but as parents I can't slow it down enough!

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

I feel the same way! STaying present can be hard, but so worth it. I love the ice cream pictures!!

It was so nice to meet you at BlogHer!

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

You can just see how yummy that ice cream is with Bryce's expression....mmmmmm mmmmmm goodddd

Valentina@baby quilts said...

I want some of this ice cream too; good you are capturing these moments as you can't stop time but you can preserve the experience and the memory.