Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 15, 2011

Flower Garden Envy

This past weekend we attended the Sonoma County Fair, our last county fair of the season.  One thing that distinguishes this fair from all of the others in our area, is the annual indoor themed flower show, presented for the entire 2 1/2 weeks of the fair. 

Attending the largest themed flower show in the U.S. gives me two things;

viewing pleasure,

and flower garden envy.














Maybe I can find a theme that would work back on the farm, around our house.
From the perfectly landscaped gardens, to the perfectly crafted walking bridges,


















and beautifully themed scapes, I admit it, I'm envious.













Every bloom is perfect. 













There must be someone that comes in after hours to clip off the dead or dying blooms, I'm sure of it.


I'm almost positive I can find a truck {or three} similar to this one on the farm.....this theme could work for us!














We have barns at home, our yard could look like this!














The only 'theme' that would possibly work at our house would be deer resistant.





















Even the Hydrangea's, my favorite, were superbly petaled. 

The best part about this themed flower show, that I have yet to experience, all plants are sold beginning at 7 a.m. the day after the fair closes.......which was this morning.  Maybe one year I'll make it to that sale.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

yeah, i like the idea of planting blooms around the junk that's already there. :)

Michelle said...

I'm with Texwisgirl!

jules said...

I sure wish my flowers looked as perfect as those. Soooo beautiful.

trump said...

The last of the fairs means fall and winter is around the corner. Richard

The Weaver of Grass said...

I don't know what it is like in the US - but here in the UK, farmers are notoriously rotten flower gardeners.

Valentina@baby quilts said...

I have love/hate relationship with flower shows. They are really an inspiration and a joy for the eyes and soul but when they put together spring, summer and fall flowers all blooming at the same time I find this cheap and misleading. Still, I wouldn't miss a flower fair even if it shows cherries blooming next to a Mum :D

Aaliyah Aldaco said...

It looks like a very lovely place. The dragon and the bridge give it a very lovely Asian flavor, as well. However, it's the flowers that are the stars of the show, no? Having some of them can help make a garden look beautiful...