Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 12, 2011

BOTW: No Bake Cherry Ice Cream Pie

Every once in a while I find the need for that go-to, easy, no bake dessert I can just whip up on a moment's notice.  One that looks as though has taken a good amount of time to prepare, one that I would be proud to bring to a potluck or party of any kind.  It's helpful to have ideas/recipes such a this one at my fingertips.
Without further ado, my 'Best of the Web' for this week is this luscious No Bake Cherry Ice Cream Pie.














No Bake Cherry Ice Cream Pie with Chocolate Cookie Crust


Total Time: 4 1/4 hours (including 4 hours freezing time)

Ingredients
3 cups reduced-fat “light” vanilla ice cream, softened
11/4 cups chopped pitted fresh or frozen cherries, divided
1 9-inch chocolate-cookie pie crust
2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips

Preparation
1.Gently combine ice cream and 1 cup cherries in a large bowl. Transfer to the crust and garnish with the remaining 1/4 cup cherries and chocolate chips.
Cover loosely with foil and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours.

recipe and photo found at Eating Well

What's your favorite, easy, go-to dessert??

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!


Pin It

4 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

i am making THIS !!!

everything i love !!! cherries..that crust...the chocolate...this is on the TOP of my list...it looks great !!!

did you fly home over SLO ?

:-)

kary and teddy from slo
xx

Pat Tillett said...

As of about 30 seconds ago, this is now my favorite! It looks so darn good...

Cassy said...

That truly looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Cassy from Guitar Made Easy

Unknown said...

I'm totally making this tonight.