Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 31, 2011

Thankful Thursday w/Linky: I Spy with my little eye...

This year we planted our garden in raised beds, they're at about waist level which makes watering and weeding very simple.  Thankfully, the plants seem to be flourishing in these raised beds...our little midnight visitors; the jack rabbits, have not found our veggie garden this year and either have the snails, earwigs and whatever has eaten our garden in previous years.












 
So far, I have spied baby zucchini....










bell peppers..........












tons of green tomatoes {I'll be even more thankful if they indeed turn red}













and what's supposed to be a Crookneck Squash, but it's looking more like a Crookneck Gourd....I think someone was having some fun switching the plant tags at my local gardening supply store, what do you think?
















Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day.


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

LOL! mystery veggies!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Your garden is doing great I have no idea what the mystery(as Texwis calls it) is. B

Sue said...

Your garden looks great, ours has finished producing except for the green beans, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will make.
Sue

Mela said...

I tried raised beds for the first time too this year with great results! I wish I had know about these years ago!

The Weaver of Grass said...

I think this is a brilliant idea Nancy - we have raised beds here in the UK but only raised by about a foot - your idea sounds much more sensible.

trump said...

When i get the garden i hope started next year id like to try a raised one. I really hate any kind of bugs especially when they are crawling on my food. Richard

Katie said...

I love that your season is so long in California. I still have tomatoes, peppers, squash and little corn left. I linked up for Thankful Thursday. Thanks for linking up for WW yesterday.

Teresa said...

That makes me think I should look at raised beds. Hopefully, the dogs wouldn't dig in and run through them either. :-)