Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 25, 2011

Five going on Twenty

Five years ago today, I went through the quickest, easiest labor EVER.  I feel confident saying this because who shows up at the hospital delivery room and 25 minutes later pops out a baby?  We would have probably arrived 45 minutes early if Dominic hadn't gotten pulled over for speeding in route.
Why did I wait so long to go to the hospital?  Well, I wasn't sure I was in labor.  Twenty two months prior, when Bryce was born, I was induced, which is a whole other level of .....experience.   

When I called the hospital early that Thursday morning, they told me if I could talk through what I thought were contractions, I wasn't even close to delivering.  Thankfully I listened to my dairyman husband who delivers babies almost daily, rather than the nurse in the delivery room at the hospital.  We left for the hospital 10 minutes later. 

Today Paige is five, going on twenty.  She tells me she can't wait to be a 'grown up' so she can drive {to San Luis Obispo to visit cousins} and have babies.....eeek!

And wear shoes like Mama.


















Happy Birthday baby girl.
Pin It

17 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, slow that little child down!!! plenty of time to be an adult later!!! :)

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

Those pictures are so sweet! Hope you both had a great day!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your "little" one! And nice shoes!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Lovin the shoes!

lou said...

Happy Birthday!!!

And I SOOO want those shoes!!!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

You didn't mention if your husband got a ticket for speeding that day?

I love the picture of her in the shoes--She is on her way to borrowing your things I'd say! :-)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

I will pass on the birthday wishes to Paige, thank you!
And Kim, no Dominic didn't get a speeding ticket at 3:30 a.m. Thankfully when the California Highway Patrol saw me with my feet on the dashboard and looking tense, he believed Dominic's story about being in labor....we were going 80 mph in a 65!

Suz and Allan said...

Happy Birthday to her! Hope you all have had a great time celebrating!

Suzie Salmon said...

Happy Happy Birthday to your baby girl!!! Love that she loves your shoes. Obviously she's got style :)

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Paige, such a little cutie and they do grow up too fast.

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to Paige, my she have many more. love the photos.
Sue

An Authentic Life said...

My oh my, how fast they grow up! Keep her little. Force her to stay 5 forever!
Happy Birthday Sweet Paige!

trump said...

Good morning folks and I'm sure some of you are watching hurricane Irene's movements especially if you live on the east coast. ............. I have a post called "Lancaster on 2 wheels" today on Amish Stories where i tour the Amish country side taking pictures and observations which I've just posted................Enjoy your weekend everyone and i hope your out of Irene's path and safe. Richard from Amish Stories.

okgal said...

Oh Happy Birthday....love the shoes!!!!

dairylady said...

Sooo sweet

Sunnie said...

Happy Birthday little love! My oldest is 8 and she wants to be all grown up too.

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Paige!! What a cute picture.