Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 17, 2011

Thank my lucky shamrocks

It's St. Patrick's Day and with that, brings all things green and lucky, right?!  Yesterday after my 'Hectic' day, I stopped into the gardening store to see if I could find a little something for Paige's teacher as a kind gesture for missing my appointment with her.

Look what I found!  So excited to see purple shamrocks.  I had no idea this variety even existed.  I thought it was a nice switch from the green so I bought one for Paige's teacher and one for myself.  When it comes to plants, I can't help myself....I just hope I don't kill this one off too soon.



Sometimes, a fourth leaf will grow on a shamrock. This variation is called a four-leaf clover. Because if its rarity, it is said to bring good luck to the finder, a tradition that dates back to the Celtic people.



I have found a few four leaf clovers in my life thus far and have many things to be thankful for, but on this day, I thank my lucky shamrocks for sharing today's experience with  my youngest, on her first day ever of playing soccer. 

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Wishing you many four leaf clovers in your life:)
Thanks for stopping in.

Pin It
Post a Comment