Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 4, 2011

Chloe the Coffee Hound

Chloe.  She's my little buddy as most of you know.  She likes 'mommy and me' computer time.  She loves riding in the car, all of the time.  She likes her cowdog time, thinking she's a ranch dog.  Chloe has quite a busy schedule.

I have boasted in the past, not here, but to family members that Chloe is SO good when she rides in the car with me to do my errands.  She sits in the back seat.  She waits patiently in the car for me.  If I have a load of groceries in the car and have one more errand to do, she doesn't go digging into the bags.  What a good girl, right?

Well, the other morning, after looking at the time and realizing I had been on the go for 4 1/2 hours and it was only 9:30 a.m., I thought a well deserved Starbucks was in order to begin my list of errands while the kids were in school. 

I usually only treat myself to a decaf gingerbread misto once a week at the very most and this particular morning I was craving it.  It was raining and cold. A perfect morning for a hot drink. 

After my first stop, Chloe in the car, I return.  I open the door to the strong smell of gingerbread misto wafting out the door.  Chloe.  She had overturned my misto and drank most of it {it was 3/4 full}.  The carpet was a little wet but not soaked.  So glad it was a decaf. 

And Chloe knew she had done something wrong even before I scolded her.  So when we returned home, she hid her face in shame.

And today, I'm dealing with the smell of sour milk in my car.  From past experience, the smell will last about a week.  Tomorrow I'm going Barrel Tasting with the girls and I'm the designated driver.  I'm hoping Febreze will do the job.  Any other suggestions?


Pin It
Post a Comment