Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 16, 2011

Hectic Life

I know life is hectic when I miss the preschool conference appointment that has been scheduled for over a month.....not just miss, completely forgot all about. Now, I thought about the appointment yesterday but this morning it was completely out of my head - even though it was written on my calendar and an alert was scheduled on my phone.  How could I do this?! 
This isn't an excuse, but I had babies and chicks on my mind.

I've been wanting to take an updated calf birthing video and this morning, before taking Bryce and Paige to school, Dominic let me know that one of the cows was in the process of giving birth, but her water had not broken yet.  I thought maybe after dropping Paige off, I could rush home and catch the birth on video.

I was too late.  The calf was born and I missed the opportunity.

The chicks that are on my mind belong to my sister's family.  They're out of town and had asked me if I could come over to feed.  I love going over there because they have animals that we don't have; chickens, rabbits and Pygmy goats.

One of the benefits of feeding for them are the farm fresh eggs I get to collect and take home with me.  I love all of the different colors of the shells.















And who wouldn't want to visit with these two cuties?!


Pin It

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

Neat that you live close enough to go over and take care of their farm too. Wish I had family nearby I could trust! :)

An Authentic Life said...

{Nancy, I hate to tell you, but the forgetting thing happens with A-G-E...!!!}

Michelle said...

Those eggs do look good! Hope you do catch a calf being born. Would love to show it to my daughter.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Texwisgirl, it is difficult to leave the farm for trips, isn't it!

@Authentic, Yep, I think you're right!

@Farmchick, I'm trying! I was just down at the barn again to try and catch another one, but missed that one also! I'll capture the video sooner or later:)

ann said...

Just like chicken 101 that I attended Don't think I want to care for them Love the colors. Love to paint them.

Weekend Cowgirl said...

There is nothing better than fresh eggs. I love the brown and cream colors... the goats are adorable!

Brittany said...

been busy and forgetful too lately....spring is so busy

Pat Tillett said...

It's understandable, you've always got a lot on your plate...