Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 4, 2010

Stumbled Upon

Don't you love it when last minute plans come together and actually happen?  Last night I met my friend, Debbie in Petaluma for dinner.  We decided on Tres Hombres which is a Mexican restaurant with  great atmosphere.  It's located in the 'Theatre District' of Petaluma and they have indoor and outdoor seating.  The place was packed for a Tuesday evening.  Upon entering, we didn't realize what we stumbled upon.  The hostess asked us if we knew it was 'Taco Tuesday Night'

Can I just say, Score!


I love tacos.  I don't know if I would have ordered them if it wasn't Taco Tuesday but since it was, I couldn't resist.  You can have your choice between Baja fish, chicken, and/or carnitas.
And get this.....for $2.50 per taco!


Margaritas were $3.00 each.  I had a raspberry, my favorite.  I really enjoy that sweet-tart taste a raspberry margarita gives you.



We both ordered the Baja fish tacos, two for each of us.  When I ordered them I didn't realize the fish would be crispy, but I wasn't too disappointed, they were delightful!  Plus food like this, is the reason I exercise.  I'm definitely going back for Taco Tuesday Night......with the kids and Dominic next time.


After dinner, we weren't ready to go home just yet.  It was only 8:30.  So we walked past the outdoor fountain, across the courtyard to this place...


La Dolce Vita is a wine lounge that has quite the extensive wine list where you can order wine by the glass, half carafe, bottle or tastings and they have a light food menu as well.  With the recommendation of our waiter, we decided on the Bacchanlia Zin.  Sticking with my raspberry theme, this wine has raspberry and jammy black cherry flavors with a sweet tobacco finish.  Only 8 barrels of this zin was produced by the Dry Creek Valley winery. 



The atmosphere is quite swanky.  You can enjoy drinking your wine at the wine bottle lined wall sitting at little tables or on the cozy sofa and chair area along the front window or in the bar area where they run foreign films projected onto the wall behind the bar. 

It was a fun evening.  Thanks Deb!



The only problem with drinking some wine on a Tuesday evening is getting motivated at 5 the next morning to get to my Boot Camp class at the gym.  It's still dark out and it feels too comfortable in bed at 5 in the morning.  But I hauled myself out of bed to get to my 5:30 class.


And I'm glad I did.  I was the first person to class this morning.


I turned the lights on and waited for everyone to arrive.



We didn't use these in class this morning.


But we did use these.


And oh, did we ever use these.

We also did some running and sprints outside.  The class is an hour long and it's a great workout.

And this is why I refuse to feel guilty about eating fried fish tacos!

Happy Wednesday!
Pin It

1 comment:

Alison said...

Taco Tuesday? I'm so there! In fact, I think I've just declared it to be Taco Thursday here at my house tonight!