Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 19, 2010

It's All About the Lens

As most of you know, it was my birthday in July, but what you don't know {until now} is that I bought myself a teensy weensy little birthday present.........called a macro lens {for my Canon Rebel}. 

And OH.

How.

I.

LOVE.

It! 

It is amazing what a difference a lens can make!  Who knew? Not me......until now. 

When we were at the beach the other day, I tried it out.  Of course I still need lots of practice, but wow,  what detail this lens captures.  I think I'm going to have a lot of fun using it and can't wait to try it out on food shots.

So, bear with me while I share with you some of the shots I took around our friends, the Taylor's, beach cabin.  These shots were taken right before we left at about 5 p.m. after I loaded up the car and realized I had not yet taken any flower or vegetation shots.


Next time I'll get a little closer but I was afraid of being stung by a bee.





















Mint grows wild around the beach cabin.



Thanks for hanging in there with me while I learn to use the macro lens hopefully my photos will become better and better!

Happy Thursday! Pin It

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy - cool pictures! My favorite was of the fern!!! Deb

Lisa said...

So very beautiful.
My Husband and I farm also. We did sell a our Cow Calf operation but remian on the land where our hearts are. Way up here in Canada the crops are turning and we have the combines out and getting all ready.
Nice to have a visit here.

Katie said...

I. AM. JEALOUS. My birthday is in January and on my request list is a new camera. Or at least a new lenses! Beautiful photos.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

awesome- happy belated birthday!

Weight Loss Program said...

Lovely pictures! Have actually thought about buying the same lens for my camera and keep saying no I don't really need it is just a want. Well now I really want one, so it must be a need!

Genesis said...

i want a macro lens now. i have a sony alpha and i tried out their line of lenses for my camera and I was so in love, but at the time i just couldnt justify buying it...maybe now i can ;)

The Wife said...

New lenses are so much fun!!! Enjoy playing with it.