Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

August 20, 2010

Panera Bread & Berry Twist

After our beach excursion the other day, I wanted to go to the book store to see if I could find a bargain book on jellyfish so we headed down to San Rafael.  Couldn't find one, but we did find a couple of great books on sale that the kids picked out.  One of them called Word Magic~a magnetic sentence builder that Bryce really liked and Paige picked out a magnetic My Little Pony book. 

After the book store we stopped in Terra Linda at Panera Bread for lunch.

I ordered the chicken apple salad with pecans, onion, tomato & blue cheese drizzled with a vinaigrette dressing.  The apple slices were baked, which  I really liked, it added a nice little crunch to the salad.  The chicken was done perfectly, the greens were fresh and crisp and I really enjoyed every last bit.







With a lemonade.

Bryce had apple juice and Paige enjoyed her milk.

Okay, the children's sandwiches were nothing fancy {but how fancy can PB & J get right?}.  Paige had PB & J which came with a yogurt.




Bryce ordered the grilled cheese sandwich which also came with yogurt.  My picky eater only took one bite of his sandwich.....he said "Too cheesy and the bread isn't toasted enough".  Maybe it's because my kids are used to eating whole wheat bread, I don't know? 

So I coaxed Paige into trading half of her PB & J for half of Bryce's grilled cheese.  The trade combined with a bribe of Berry Twist dessert, if they ate all their lunch seemed to do the trick.  Bryce also snagged every last tomato from my salad as well.


It was definitely a full house at lunch time with a steady stream of people continuing to come in.

I was so glad we were able to visit Berry Twist, because I really had a craving for frozen yogurt.  It has been close to a year since I've eaten frozen yogurt, only because it's not really accessable close to home {until recently}.  Oh how I enjoyed this special treat!


Berry Twist is a self-serve yogurt place where you can choose from 16-18 flavors of frozen yogurt you dispense yourself into a cup and add whatever toppings you like.  You pay by the ounce.

I chose non-fat coconut with some Oreo and chocolate chip topping.  Next time I think I'll  get the coconut all by itself.....it was that good.



Paige had chocolate and vanilla swirl with sprinkles and some of my Oreo cookie topping.

Bryce also had the chocolate and vanilla swirl with raspberries and chocolate sprinkles as his topping.



Mmmmmm, Berry Twist we will be back.





Happy Friday!  Cheers!
Pin It

3 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

yum!

Pat Tillett said...

That salad looks so good! They just opened a new restaurant fairly close to here, I'm going to order it in the next couple of days...

RhodeyGirl said...

Berry Twist looks amazing! Don't you wish they had smaller cups?!