Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 2, 2011

Sunrise Over the Dairy

I love when rain is in the extended forecast.  It brings us cloud cover and beautiful sunrises and sunsets.  Here is the sunrise over the dairy and Stafford Lake the other morning.

I just can't take enough photos of both sunrises and sunsets.  Each one is different.  Whether it be the different cloud formations, or the fog creeping in or out. 



And I can never decide on just one photo to include in a post.  So here's the first, middle and last photos I took.


I can easily say, sunrises and sunsets are among my favorite things to photograph.
I hope you've been able to enjoy beautiful sunrises where you live.

Do you have a favorite thing to take photos of?


Pin It

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Beautiful and those are some of my favorite things to photograph as well.

Brent Boersma said...

great pics nancy! we love our california sunrises and sunsets as well! hope you and your family are doing great!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Farmchick, sunrise and sunset photos can easily look like postcards, can't they.

@Brent, So good to see you here! How are those almond blossoms doing?!

Pat Tillett said...

Beautiful!!!
I'm not usually up that early, so thanks!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous. I like to take candid pictures of kids on the farm. Interacting with each other, watching whatever it is that FIL is doing, playing with the animals. . .

An Authentic Life said...

i love a photo from "home!"

Natalia - a side of simple said...

Sunsets and sunrises NEVER get old. I also love to photograph horses. I dream of owning my own horse one day!