Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

March 7, 2011

Shopping for Kids at the Hardware Store

The other day on our drive up to my parent's house, we made what was supposed to be a quick stop at the hardware store to buy a battery operated fence charger for my horse's paddock.  Bryce is my shopper.  When I told him we were stopping at a store, he immediately asked if he could bring his wallet and buy something.

"Yes, you can, but do you realize that we're not going to Target?"  I said.

"Yes, Mom.  I want to buy something"  he answers.

"Well, if you see something you can't live without, and you have enough money to pay for it, you can buy it."

Well, I knew very well that he would for sure find something he couldn't live without.  He always does.

First Bryce helped Paige pick something out that she couldn't live without.  When they spotted the funnels, they thought these would make the perfect sandbox toys.  Perfect, they were only 99 cents. 

Paige also spotted some contractor's chalk that she couldn't leave the store without.  They didn't have pink so she settled on white.  She also wanted to buy an axe, but I put the kibosh on that thought right away.
















Forty-five minutes later, Bryce ultimately decided on big, blue flashlight for $6.99, battery included.  Another one he can add to his collection of flashlights.  What is it with kids and flashlights?  Isn't one enough?  Since Paige didn't own a flashlight of her own, she was allowed to pick one out as well.


















I must say, it was fun shopping with the kids at the hardware store.  You can get really creative and I think it might be less expensive than shopping at Target.



Pin It

3 comments:

Sue said...

Thanks for the memories, I always enjoyed taking our children when we were shopping just for them, now it was a different story when I was shopping for me. lol.
Sue

TexWisGirl said...

Oh I want to go with you the next time! :) Sounds like great fun!

Leontien said...

Haha, yep sounds like fun!

Thanks for sharing
Leontien