Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 15, 2012

WW: Goslings

Driving onto the ranch, there's a small walnut orchard to one side of the drive and making my way home from the gym early in the morning I came up on two families of geese who had staked claim in the orchard for their new offspring of adorable little goslings.

I'm not a huge fan of Canadian Geese....they tend to take over anywhere they land, eat all the oats from our planted hay and poop everywhere, in abundance......but this group was too cute.

Babies of any kind always make my day. 



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy: The babies are cute! But hopefully they won't make this their permanent home. Geese are very territorial, and they bite really hard. Don't want them chasing the kids and biting them.
LOL Cindy R.

Dar said...

I agree about the geese being mean and territorial...they once got the better side of my sister. I don't think they liked her white uniform. After a fling to the barnyard, he left her alone. But the goslings sure are cute.
BlessYourHeart

Weekend Cowgirl said...

Yes, gotta love the babies! So cute...

Pat Tillett said...

Those little ones are so darn cute. Last week, I had to pull my truck across three lanes to block traffic to allow a pair of geese and their single gosling to cross the bust street. People were just swerving around them! Nice photo!