Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 2, 2012

TT w/Linky: Beef Short Ribs

Beef short ribs are sometimes used as a bribery tool in my house.  Bryce swims three days a week and after swim practice, he soaks in the hot tub to warm up before we head home.  The problem is, is that the kid never wants to climb out of the hot tub once he's there.  But one thing I can count on is, I know he'll ask me what we're having for dinner that night, so when I answered "Short Ribs", he was out, toweled off and half way over to the changing room before I had a chance to finish my conversation with one of the Dads at the pool. 


















Short ribs are cut from the rib and plate primals and a small corner of the chuck.  Short ribs range from 3-5 inches thick, and contains three or four ribs, intercostal muscles and tendon, and a layer of boneless meat and fat which is thick on one end of the slab and thins down to almost nothing on the other.

















This was my method of slow cooking the short ribs:

Place them on foil lined baking sheets, salt and pepper them.
















Broil them on high for just a few minutes, each side.
















Brush on some of your favorite BBQ sauce, I like J. Lee Roys Hickory Smoke.
























Bake in the oven at 200 degrees for almost two hours.  Take them out and slather on more BBQ sauce and bake at 250 for another 30 minutes or so.

















You'll end up with some tender, sweet and spicy ribs, perfectly cooked.

















Link up with anything you’re thankful for! And if you’re not a blogger, just let us know in the comment section what you happen to be thankful for on this day
.

 Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!
 
Pin It

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Omigosh you've made me so hungry. Thank you for the where-the-beef-comes-from reference, I really had no idea so I pinned it on Pinterest.

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

My boys love short ribs too- whenever we go out they always order them if they are on the menu.

Chanel Babe said...

This recipe looks delicious! I'm excited to try it. Thanks!