Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 14, 2012

Wake Up Call

Saturday morning, no school lunches to prepare, no rushing to get the kids up and ready, just a leisure, peaceful morning at home....maybe even sleep in a little.

No.

Not so fortunate.

Twelve five month old calves have been recently {the day before} relocated to the little pasture directly beyond our front yard......ONE of them VERY vocal at 6 a.m.  A little less startling than an alarm clock but very loud just the same.





















No sleeping in for me but actually thankful I was awakened by my furry little friend in time to view the sun crest over the hillside as it made its way up that morning.

















Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume your furry little friend was Chloe? Cindy Rogers

Jess Schira said...

Wow, does that bring back memories. I don't think I've encountered anything that sounds quite so ... mournful.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Nooo, Cindy...not Miss Chloe.

GEORGE said...

Any word yet on Ray Gambonini relatives. I BET HE IS THEIR GREAT GRANDFATHER, HE HAD 2 SONS ONE WAS JIM AND I DONT REMEMBER THE OTHER ONE. THEY LIVED ON OLD ADOBE ROAD. THANKS