Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 1, 2010

Stuck in the Dairy Farm Cow Tofu

There are many, many days where we begin the afternoon looking like this.  Happy to be driving the feed wagon with Daddy.  Helping feed the dairy farm cows. 


I see especially witness large smiles when the kids can help Daddy drive the tractor.  I mean what four and six year old doesn't like to be in control........of anything, especially a large piece of machinery?


But inevitably, on the second or maybe third ride back up to the commodity barn, they end up staying  to play in the feed.  They can't help themselves, it's SO much fun!  Plus they know their mother LOVES doing laundry.














You may remember in one of my posts, that our dairy cows eat tofu mixed in their daily feed......14 tons weekly!  I'm not a tofu fan for myself but boy, the dairy cows sure like it!

With the wet weather we've been having lately, the tofu is a bit wet.  Bryce actually got his rubber boots stuck in it.  Just like wet cement. {I guess it's better the tofu than something else he could get himself stuck in on a dairy.....right?} 













I pulled him out.  I don't think he was too distressed over it.
We take a lot of baths at our house.  Sometimes two a day are required.

Happy Monday!
Pin It

4 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

Too bad you don't like tofu! you can eat miso soup for the rest of your lives with all that tofu....

Nicole said...

I think I refuse to try tofu! Bring on the meat!

Katie said...

Love the pics Nancy. Farm kids have fabulous life experiences...even in tofu!

The Dairy Mom said...

I enjoyed your post. My boys, 8 and 5, have the same experiences on our dairy. They love "driving" the tractor with Dad and playing in the feed. Farm life is great! Thanks for sharing.