Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 13, 2010

Christmas and Cupcakes

Dare I say it?  Christmas.  There, I said it.  Is it just me, or does it seem like Christmas decor comes out immediately following Halloween?  I mean the very next day!  I do love Christmas and everything about it, so I don't get tired of looking at all the glittery, sparkly, colorful things for the season.

Here are just a few of the things that I enjoyed on my shopping trip the other day.

White and baby blue.....ahhh maybe when the kids are older.



I liked the natural colors of this decorated tree.  I wouldn't have thought to put turquoise and brown together on a Christmas tree but I really like it. This would be perfect for a country style home or cabin wouldn't it?


















I spotted a number of large, glass jars being used this season.  Some contained Christmas ball ornaments, your traditional candle display and another that I really liked, had glittered pine cones in it.  Wouldn't it be fun to collect pine cones and glue and glitter them?  I think this will be a project that will involve the kids in the near future.

















The above photos were taken at Restoration Hardware...one of my favorite & inspiring home decor stores I like to visit.














Boy, I see a cupcake bakery and I just can't pass it up without trying out the goods.  At Teacake Bake Shop, my friend, Devi and I shared an almond, vanilla cupcake with whipped cream frosting, which I love because it's not overly sweet.















My favorite, however was the pumpkin whoopie cookie with butter cream frosting sandwiched in the middle.  I'm going to have to try this at home during the holidays and maybe freeze them.
















And a mini {cupcake} for the mini {me}.
















All the above goes well with a ice cold glass {or carton} of milk.

Happy Saturday!


Pin It

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

Cup caks havenot really spread over here yet - hope they don;t as they look too delicious to be able to resist.

I am going out NOW into the garden to gather up our pine cones so that I can dry them, spray them and cover them with glitter. Thanks for the idea.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Weaver, I'm so glad you're going to try the pine cone project. I think it'll be a fun, easy project that my kids and I will really enjoy doing:) Thanks for visiting!