Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 7, 2010

Foodbuzz Festival~ The Opening Evening

Foodbuzz kicked off the welcoming opener at Fort Mason Center in San Francisco, where 350 invited food bloggers enjoyed an indoor Street Food Fare experience.  We were assigned seats at the picnic like table setting, which was a fantastic idea because this gave everyone the opportunity to meet and socialize with new people.  And for someone like me, a fairly new blogger with Foodbuzz, it gave me the opportunity just to meet people and network. 

After a welcoming presentation, we were ready to get up, mingle and eat.  There were 10 street food venders in attendance.
  













I forgot to mention, there were numerous cheese and fruit platters at every table filled with artisan cheeses, breads, perfectly ripened figs and  Frog Hollow Pears.




Spencer on the Go was a contestant in Food Network’s Great Food Truck Race and he was serving up some French cuisine.  New England Lobster Cappuccino, Braised Lamb Sandwiches and Escargot Puff Lollipop.


There was quite the extensive line at his truck the entire evening.  I didn't try any, didn't want to wait!

Instead I headed for the Roli Roti line where they were serving up a crispy, tender and juicy Pork Belly Sandwich with potatoes.


















Two words......OH MY!













There was plenty to choose from but after that pork belly, I was stuffed.













But no matter how full I am, I always find room for dessert.  I found out that Mission Minis DID get the reality TV pilot with the Food Network.  So we'll be seeing their new show air sometime in the future.














There was lots of activity at the cupcake display with the film crew capturing it all.













There were three mini cupcakes to choose from.  I chose the cinnamon and the pumpkin.  I didn't want to be greedy and take one of each.













Well, at least until I finished the first two.  I did go back for the vanilla, I couldn't help myself.  They go well with IPA as well.

Lots more to come........stay tuned!

Related Posts you may also enjoy:

Happy Sunday!
Pin It

4 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

yum! Looks like fun.

Magic of Spice said...

Seems like everybody had such a good time...sorry we missed it this year but maybe next :)

Anonymous said...

Great post! I am sorry that I didn't have a chance to meet you! I see you got a snap of me snacking on some grub from Spencer on the Go. Don't worry about missing out. I thought it was eh and didn't finish it. Normally, I love escargot and puff pastry, but it was really greasy. Maybe we can meet next year!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Casey, how funny that you're in the photo! I hope to meet you next year! Thanks for visiting:)