Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

November 29, 2010

My Guest Post on RhodeyGirlTests & Foodzie Taste Box Winners!









I met Sabrina, {a.k.a. RhodeyGirl Tests}, in person at the recent Foodbuzz Fest a few weeks ago.  She has a food blog and shares great recipes, ideas and stories.  We got to talking about dairy farm life and some misconceptions related to milk and she asked if I would be willing to do a guest post on the subject for her blog.  I was more than happy to do so and it's up today if you want to take a peek.  Here's the link............
RhodeyGirlTests Guest Post


And the winners of the Foodzie Taste Box goes to the following two winners!

Ren Lady of the Arts  and
fleming4716

Look for an email from Foodzie, they will be contacting you to get your mailing address and Congratulations!

Happy Monday! Pin It

7 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

I checked out your guest post. I remember some of those things from your blog. I'm sure in this day and age, that many people are surprised that most dairy farms are family owned. To me that's a good thing!

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

woot woot super excited to win- thanks for hosting lovely lady!
I'll pop by to check your guest post!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Pat, Yep some of the same info, different audience:) Just trying to connect with as many people around the world as possible. Thanks for visiting, as always!

@Ren, Congrats on the win!

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

I'll have to check the post out. I have so many questions about milk. So first we took Enzo to the dentist and he has cavities. I almost died. My friend said that raw milk will fix his teeth and that I should not give him pasteurized milk. Is this true?

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Damaris, no, both raw and pasteurized milk has lactose (sugar) - you probably already know this but brushing teeth is important after drinking milk just as it is after juice so it doesn't sit on the teeth. Both raw and pasteurized milk contain the same amount of calcium. Pasteurized milk also has the added benefit of Vitamin D. I gave my kids pasteurized milk until my youngest turned 3 to be extra cautious since they were so young. We switced to the raw only because we have it here fresh on the dairy every day. If I bought milk, I would buy pasteurized.

Hope this helps!

Nancy

Damaris @Kitchen Corners said...

Are you kidding? This helps so much. I started buying raw milk and did the math...over $200 a month. Totally out of my budget! This makes me feel a lot better. I guess my friend was saying that raw milk has more protein and that's why it's better. Anyway, I'm sticking with pasteurized because it's what I can afford. Also, do you think it matters if it's organic? I bet you already answered this question a million times on your blog. Sorry.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Damaris, I'm so glad you find this helpful! Regarding organic milk, here's my post on organic and conventional milk that will help you.... http://www.thewifeofadairyman.blogspot.com/2010/06/organic-vs-conventional-dairy.html
But in a short answer, if I bought milk at the grocery store, I would buy conventional. Let me know if you have any questions after reading the above post:) Thank you!