Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 19, 2010

An Unexpected Gift

I had a very nice thing happen to me the other day.  Remember when I attended the North Bay Dairy Women's Hospice Fashion Show & Luncheon?  I took some photos for Sue, who is on the board and put them on a CD for her to use on the organization's website.  Well, on Sunday she came over to pick up the CD and at the same time handed me a bag of goodies!

Look how cute these are wrapped and I just love the tags!
I wonder if she made these vintage looking gift tags herself?  They are adorable!



















So, remember after the fashion show how I raved about the little mini cheese cakes that were served, made by Sue?  I have now confirmed, Sue is the best baker I know!  I must take lessons from her.  I bake, but I consider myself more of a cook than a baker.













I had to hoard them for myself  for a day or so......before Dominic got a hold of them, so I could take proper photos in good lighting. 













Pure deliciousness.













This one had a mini peanut butter cup embedded in it.  Then I had one more with a caramel cup embedded.  And looking at these photos right now makes me want to eat yet one more for the day.  SO good!













Such a thoughtful, unexpected thank you gift that I'm thoroughly enjoying.  Dominic has free range on them now and the kids are being doled out one here and there as well.  I'm sure it won't be long before they're all gone :)

Thank you Sue!

Happy Tuesday!
Pin It

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How sweet, I love the treats and the packaging, inspirational for the holidays. Great pictures Nancy, nice to have a friend like Sue:)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Super yummy - and a gift - what coud be better.

Jessica Johnson said...

OMG I have to have the recipe for those peanut butter cup cookies! Those look so yummy!

Laura said...

WOW!! I just HAVE to bake a batch of cookies with peanut butter cups in the middle! A bit of Heaven in a cookie! Thank you for sharing the photos and a wonderful day to you.
Laura