Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

October 10, 2010

Finnegan's

Friday night we had the pleasure of another 'Parent's Night Out' hosted by the gym I belong to.  So, while the kids were playing at the gym, Dominic and I made a quick trip to CostCo {I had already been there earlier in the day, but needed a few more things for our family reunion that was happening the next day} and then we decided to eat at Finnegan's Marin.  Finnegan's is in downtown Novato and is a great pub with a fun atmosphere and good food.















The place was packed but we managed to find a seat at the bar {good timing} to sit and wait for our table.  I sipped a cosmo and Dominic had one Coors Light.


Look how kid friendly Finegan's is....kids eat free on Sundays after 5!!













While waiting for our table, we watched the S.F. Giants game.














About 20 minutes later, the Hostess found us and sat us at our booth.  After scanning the menu, I decided upon the Half Chicken & Brussels Sprout-Bacon Hash.  I love roasted brussel sprouts.  I normally don't order chicken when at a restaurant because we have it at home quite often, but I think the combo of brussel sprouts and bacon got me!













A glass of BV Cab for me and water for Dominic.


















My salad was a combo of mixed greens, crumbled blue cheese, pecans, onions and cherry tomatoes, which was delicious.













Dominic had a ceaser salad.













And he ordered the grilled salmon served with roasted red potatoes and grilled artichoke halves for his entree.













Look how beautiful my chicken and brussel sprout dish looked.













It tasted just as good as it looked.  My plate was piled high with food.  I could only eat half even though I wanted to devour the entire thing.  Dominic finished it off for me.













So good!  I will definitely order this dish again.













I did save room for dessert and ordered the Warm Irish Berry Bread Pudding.













And a decaf.













This was also really good but could only finish part of it and Dominic couldn't even try a bite, he was so stuffed from dinner.

What a fun date night!  I'm craving those brussel sprouts again!

Happy Sunday!

Pin It

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nancy

I have regularly read your posts and a very interesting thing is that in essence we love the same things. The only thing we do not live that is linked to creation of cows because we are truly urban (but I would like to live this way).

kisses to everyone and have a great week

Delfim

Pat Tillett said...

And the beat goes on...
I once again leave your blog hungry! I like it...