Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 5, 2011

Mary's Memorial

Today I attended a memorial service for my long-time friend, Mary.  She lost her battle with cancer and rather than write about it, I feel like sharing some photos of our last visit together when she was in town last spring.

Mary and I were high school best buddies and share many crazy stories together.....as Mary so kindly reminded me of a few of them {that I must have blocked from my memory for some reason}, on our last visit together.  Mary had the ability to make anyone feel welcome.  People were drawn to her, she had the type of personality that one would only hope to have.

I am so grateful that I was able to spend some quality time with her on her last visit to CA.  Until we meet again, friend.


Dirk, Mary, me, Krist, Sherry & Jen



Mary & her sister, Jen.


Mary & Dirk



Jen, me, Mary, Dirk & Sherry

Mary & Krista













Mary & her sister, Jen.
Mary, you left this world far too early.  Your lively, fun-loving, positive self will be sorely missed by many in this world......



Pin It
Post a Comment