Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 5, 2011

Mary's Memorial

Today I attended a memorial service for my long-time friend, Mary.  She lost her battle with cancer and rather than write about it, I feel like sharing some photos of our last visit together when she was in town last spring.

Mary and I were high school best buddies and share many crazy stories together.....as Mary so kindly reminded me of a few of them {that I must have blocked from my memory for some reason}, on our last visit together.  Mary had the ability to make anyone feel welcome.  People were drawn to her, she had the type of personality that one would only hope to have.

I am so grateful that I was able to spend some quality time with her on her last visit to CA.  Until we meet again, friend.


Dirk, Mary, me, Krist, Sherry & Jen



Mary & her sister, Jen.


Mary & Dirk



Jen, me, Mary, Dirk & Sherry

Mary & Krista













Mary & her sister, Jen.
Mary, you left this world far too early.  Your lively, fun-loving, positive self will be sorely missed by many in this world......



Pin It

10 comments:

Pat Tillett said...

A very nice tribute to your friend...

Michelle said...

Very sad, but such a nice tribute.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

Thank you all for the very kind words...

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@DeanO, it is such a terrible disease with so little we can do about it once it reaches a certain point. I didn't get to see Mary very often but she was most definitely in my thoughts and prayers very often.
Thank you so much....

Leesie said...

Sorry for your loss and a lovely tribute to your friend. Wishing you peace and comfort.

Leesie
seaslife on twitter

Anonymous said...

She looks like she was a wonderful person. So sorry for your loss.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Sadly we have little choice about when we go - but I am sure she will live on in your memory as well as in these photographs.

ann said...

I am sorry for your loss

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to learn about your friend's passing - way to young :( Deb

Suzie Salmon said...

First, I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend!

Second, if it is at all of comfort, you portrayed such a fun, sincere, wonderful woman in your post! Mary lives on through your sharing of her infectious smile :).

Last, I have to add that cancer is a BRUTAL disease! I took care of my brother through his illness until the end. It does not discriminate and needs all our help to stop it. Giving cancer a face is a start.

Your friend Mary would be proud!
Suzie