Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 28, 2011

Chloe, the Escapee

Yesterday we were at my sister and brother-in-law's house for a combined birthday party for my niece and nephew.  They have a couple of puppies, Buddy {who you may have read about on my 4H Presentation Day post} and Brownie.  Chloe was invited to attend the party as well.

Maybe I should take some notes, next time, when I'm watching my niece train her puppy, because Chloe escapes at any chance she can get.  And she doesn't come when called......even if I have a handful of treats! I think she thinks it's a game......or she just likes to be a stinker.

So the front door was left open and that's all that Chloe needed to dash out.  Both Buddy and Brownie followed her. 

I guess the temptation of all the new smells were too much to handle.  There's sheep poop, chickens and pygmy goats after all!  Totally different than a dairy farm, right?

They headed down towards the dam, first thing.  Brownie and Buddy were the first to be caught.  Chloe was a bit more stubborn.















She had to go get good and dirty before she was caught.


















We did get a chance to go visit the two Pygmy goats that have recently arrived on the ranch.  Here's Georgie.














Paige wants one...........I want one!





Pin It

7 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

I want one too! I'll even trade two monkeys for one goat!

Michelle said...

I want one!!! And, that is one dirty dog!

Julia said...

What a fun day! I love pygmy goats!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Ren, Farmchick & Julia, I may have to get one, I'll keep you updated:)

@ann, it's a good thing kids love to give little pups baths!

Anonymous said...

We can't even have inside dogs b/c there's so much stuff to get into in our front yard I couldn't even let one out to pee w/o coming back a mess!
You totally need goats ;}. Kids LOVE 'em and when you have baby calves and baby goats - you live in the cutest place on earth!

The Weaver of Grass said...

If you discover a method of stopping dogs from running off please let me know - my Borter terrier is brilliant at disappearing if we leave the door ajar. Quite fancy a pigy goat myself.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Milkmaid09, and I know you would know how much kids love goats:) Thanks!