Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

February 25, 2011

A Kid and a Calf

There is almost nothing I enjoy more than watching my kids interact with animals.  Especially farm animals.   With dairy calves, just the kindness of them with a child is so pleasurable to watch.

A baby with a baby. 

Remember Brittney?  Well on our 'Secret Tunnel ranch walk' the other day, Paige insisted that we visit her at the calf barn.  It wasn't necessary to insist at all because I'm always up for a visit to the calf barn.

We love Brittney.  She's so interactive with us.  Even though Paige fed the calves a little snack of alfalfa, which is in the feeder underneath her, Brittney still took the time to give Paige some love.......and licks.


She gave me some also.


Brittney has the perfect temperament as a prospect to enter in the county fair.......if only my kids were old enough.  Hmmm, maybe I can talk my nephew, Gavin, into choosing Brittney as his heifer entry this upcoming fair season.  We'll see.





Pin It

5 comments:

Michelle said...

How nice to see this :) Made my unpleasant day much more bearable!

Anonymous said...

Kids and animals! My two favorite things! <3-em

Leah Beyer said...

Love baby calves. Love my kids with baby calves even more. The little things in life...

Unknown said...

Very sweet!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Farmchick, I'm glad your day has been brightened:)

@DeanO, thank you so much:)

@MilkMaid09, me too!

@Leah, that's it exactly:)

@Cris, thank you and thanks for visiting!