Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

November 23, 2010

Wild Mushrooms....Poisonous?

Are you a mushroom lover?  Good, maybe you can help me out.  Dominic found a cluster of wild mushrooms growing in the grove of redwood trees, just outside our house.  He has never seen this variety of mushroom growing anywhere on the ranch before now.  It's a wonder how these things can just pop up from the ground, especially when they're the size of a small cow patty! 














Every time I find mushrooms growing around the surroundings of our house, I just uproot them or kick them down......thinking they may be poisonous.  But these, I wanted to photograph.













Mushroom enthusiasts, if you have an idea as to what type of mushroom this is, please enlighten me.  I searched online, but couldn't find a match.

















If mushrooms can be beautiful, this one's a beaut.

Thanks for helping!

Happy Tuesday!

Pin It
Post a Comment