Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

May 17, 2011

Wordless Wednesday: How Does My Succulent Grow?

With our home on the farm being situated atop a hill and 20 miles from the coast, it can get quite windy.  As a matter of fact, in the photos below, you can see our American flag flying high in the background. So when I am at the gardening store choosing plants, I need to keep this fact in mind and opt for something on the hearty side. 

When my cousin was up visiting from southern California, he raved about the succulents he was growing in his containers back home.  They only need a good watering once a month and they're very low maintenance.  That's all I needed to hear before going out and buying a few myself.

My cousin was right, they are easy and I do love looking at them.  They sit on my front porch, atop a wine barrel, in the windiest area of our yard. 














I have no idea what the name of this succulent is, but it is so pretty with it's golden blooms.  I can't recommend succulents enough.













What's your favorite container plant?
Linking to The Little Round Table for This Week in my Garden

Wordless Wednesday Link Up with:
Project Alicia:  http://www.projectalicia.com/
The Pinke Post: http://pinkepost.blogspot.com/2011/05/wordless-wednesday-handmade-summer.html
Dagmar's Momsense: http://dagmarbleasdale.com/2011/05/wordless-wednesday-memory-lane
Better in Bulk

I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. Have a fantastic day!


Pin It
Post a Comment