Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 9, 2011

Spotty Spot Spot

Yep, that's what she wanted to name her.......the two day old dairy calf.  What can I say, but that's the first thing that popped into my four year old's head when she spotted this calf.......see the spot?












As long as Paige continues to help with the feeding {which she loves} she can keep on naming them.

Anything she wants to.........even if it is, Spotty Spot Spot.

Not that I would have any say in the matter or anything.













Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below {if you view through a ‘reader’ only}. Have a peaceful day.

Pin It

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh, that's too cutie, cute, cute. :)

Robyn said...

That is a cute name, it makes me laugh!

There must be something about kids and 3 names. One of the mother cats we had growing up was Cindy Cindy Jo. We used all 3 names every time.

The first bottle calve my sister and I had were Rod and Rodchester.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I love how 4 year old think! But I honestly don't know whose cuter, the calf or your daughter--They are both just adorable!!!

ann said...

Nancy. May use your blog I baked the cake and I would reference your blog they can come and get the recipe from your blog
That is one way to get the work done by letting her name the calves.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@ann, you sure can and thank you!

Katie said...

I love Paige's naming! She's sweety sweet sweet.

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. The things kids come up with. . . Preschooler named two bulls calves we had Mac and Cheese. (I guess 'cause that's what they'll be next to on the dinner plate!) I also bought a doe kid off a lady who's 4 yr old named them Cinderella and Belle. Belle is a great name for a goat, Cinderella is a mouthful!

Buttons Thoughts said...

I love the name. Don't you just love watching kids feed calves? I always have no trouble finding someone to do that job. OK after the bunting part is over. We will have kids around the farm just waiting to jump in to help. I love the way they handle the animals. B

Debbie said...

They are both JUST adorable!! : )

bon bon said...

couple of cute little girls you have there!