Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

May 2, 2011

Snowball Tree in California

About as close to snowballs we get here in northern California is the Snowball Tree.  We have one on the ranch and it belongs to my mother and father-in-law.  While much of the Midwest is getting some spring snow storms, we are fortunate enough to be enjoying spring weather in the high 70's....finally. 

The Snowball Tree sits in the ground in my in-law's yard along the fence line that I drive by numerous times every day.  It blooms in the spring and this year, late spring rains haven't washed the snowballs from the tree as has happened in previous years.















I think I enjoy this tree so much because the Hydrangea is my favorite flowering plant and this tree reminds me of them. 













The blooms are about the size of a baseball or smaller and form in clusters.  New blooms have a slight greenish cast and then they turn white.













I'm not sure how old the tree is, but it's quite large.  About 12 feet, I'd say.  I'm happy to enjoy it's beauty on a daily basis:)














Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you! Just click on the “Post a Comment” link below {if you view through a ‘reader’ only}.
Have a peaceful day.

Pin It
Post a Comment