Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

May 25, 2011

Pink Firetrucks

As I was headed into Starbuck's to get in one of my '3-A-Day' dairy servings, I had to do a double take.....these couldn't possibly be PINK firetrucks, could they?!

I thought it would be best if I went in and bought my non-fat milk, decaf Misto first, before coming back out to see if what I was viewing was for real or some sort of mirage.















Not only were there four pink firetrucks, but firemen in pink turnouts as well.  For real!  













Alright, I needed to find out what in the world this was all about.  As I walked over, one fireman walked up, in his pink turnouts, eager to tell me all about it.

Apparently this movement is named the Pink Heels Tour and  the participants claim to be the guardians of the Ribbon and their purpose to raise awareness and money for the fight against all types of cancer.


The firetrucks are completely covered with cancer survivor signatures from across the nation...pretty cool.

Before I hopped into my car, my pink clad fireman friend insisted that he take a picture of me in front of the firetruck.....firemen can be so persuasive....even wearing pink!

This was their first time in California, have they been spotted in your state yet?

I want to thank Sarah, at This Farm Family's Life for the 'Versatile Blogger Award' she gave me!


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Kind of made you stop and think, "Maybe I have had one too many espressos?" What a great promotion for such a worthy cause. I have not spotted such a sight in northwest Indiana. We have been covered up in rain and high winds lately, so I could have missed it. I'm honestly on the look out for flying cows the way this day has gone. On my second glass of wine and third weather warning/watch of the day! Can't even get in the hot tub with all the storms coming!

Dawn said...

WOW. This is quite something! Never imagined I would ever see a fireman in pink!!!

Just this... Alice said...

Having a family member as a survivor of cancer makes me feel proud of these men and their dedication to the cause. Very few men I know would wear pink let alone drive around in a pink vehicle. These men are exceptional and I thank them for doing their part this way to get the message out there. You guys are awesome and so are your trucks and turnouts. Hope you come to Florida.

TexWisGirl said...

i love the signatures on the trucks! great idea!

congrats on your award! :)

Jen at Cabin Fever said...

Fireman ARE persuasive. I think that's how I ended up marrying one. Haa.

Oh, and thank you for sharing this!! I hadnt heard of these guys. Actually, I just checked their schedule and while they don't stop in Vermont they have to drive right through it, right through where I live even! So I emailed them and asked if they would consider stopping. Unfortunately for me they are coming through in mid-september (the week I am due!) so I might not get to see them even if they do stop.

But either way thanks for sharing and I hope they come to my community too! :D

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Congrats on the award, and how cool are those fire trucks, and what a good cause!! I've known some men who don't like to wear pink because they don't think it's 'masculine' but I gotta tell you, I didn't think that for a minute looking at these guys!

Robyn said...

I had no clue about the Pink Fire trucks and Firemen. Neat way to promote Breast cancer awareness! Signatures on the trucks are a neat idea too.

crystal.cattle said...

Very cool! I hope they head to the Midwest. And I'm sure you didn't mind getting your photo with a bunch of firefighters!
www.crystalcattle.com

Leontien said...

NOOO i haven't seen it yet! But i like the idea and they do it for a good cause! Trust me i know ;-)

Thanks and you look lovely
Leontien

The Weaver of Grass said...

Were the firemen in pink as well as the trucks? If so then I think it was a mirage (unless it was an all-female crew!)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Jen at Cabin Fever, the firemen also told me that they will make stops at a survivor's house, unexpected by her {but not her family} to have her sign the firetruck.

@Weaver of Grass, the firemen {there were no women} were all in pink turnouts....it was such a bright sight to see:)

bon bon said...

that is too cool! i think we need to persuade them to go to leontien's! :o)

wouldn't be a surprise to all if they showed up at a fire this way?

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@bon bon, I agree! I think Leotien needs to sign that truck!

Johanna B said...

Wonder if they'll make it through Topeka?