Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 3, 2010

Sweet Potato Fries & Chloe's 1st 4-wheeler ride

Have you ever made sweet potato fries?  If not, it's a must try in my opinion.  They are good.  And healthy.  Here's how I prepared them.




You can either cut up sweet potatoes OR buy the pre-cut version right from the grocery store. 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 
Toss into a bowl and coat with olive oil. 
Sprinkle Kosher salt,
garlic salt,
two cloves of minced garlic,
chopped parsley 

Lay them out onto a non-stick sprayed cookie sheet.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Then turn broiler on and let them crisp up for a few more minutes. 



Enjoy!  I eat mine with ketchup.



Earlier in the day, while I spent some time working on the rose bushes and doing a little weeding, Bryce and Paige were playing Rescue Ranger. 

They come around the corner yelling "We've rescued Chloe from the heifer pasture! "  I can't believe the three of them fit on this 4-wheeler.  This was Chloe's first ride on a 4-wheeler and I'm pretty sure she enjoyed it! 

Good thing!

Because Paige had a monster grip on her.

But Chloe was all smiles :)




I'm pretty sure we have one of the most tolerant dogs EVER.




Happy Thursday! Pin It

1 comment:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

We had those tonight for dinner too!
I experimented making them on the BBQ- I still need to get the heat/time right- a few of them got burnt- I just wrapped them in heavy duty tinfoil.
When I make them in the oven I usually make a kids batch and an adult batch- On the adult batch I like to add a little bit of Indian spices.