Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 15, 2010

Nature's Candy

Is there anything better than fresh fruit in season?  It makes such a perfect dessert or treat anytime.  My kids think of it as a dessert, especially with a bit of whipped topping spooned on top.  I tell them it's Nature's Candy.

I've been into buying pineapple lately.  As soon as we finish one in our house, I buy another one.  The other night, after dinner, I threw together this dessert that pleased everyone and had them coming back for more.


Freshly washed raspberries and sliced pineapple.


I bought this mini colander at Cost Plus for $1 and I use it three or four times a day.  It's my greatest 'find' so far this summer.

Everyone would have been happy with the pineapple and raspberries alone.


Loved the combination of the sweet and juicy pineapple along with the tartness of the fresh raspberries.  And the whipped cream just made it extra special.


Happy Tuesday!
Pin It

6 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts said...

Yum! Looks amazing.

Dana Gustafson said...

OK, nature's candy aside, your totally cute AND functional collander is smashing! I want some just to store things in....hmmm how cute would these be in my craft room???

Unknown said...

I agree, fruit is nature's candy, nice way to put it, lucky kids to have a yummy healthy dessert of fresh fruit!

Anonymous said...

That looks fabulous :0)

Lynn said...

I can't control myself when it comes to fresh local fruit. It really is like candy.

Val said...

Nothing better than freash local fruit!!