Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 8, 2011

New Born Beef Twins

Well, I warned you I would be back with additional baby and mama beef photos.  It didn't take long!
Here's a sweet pair of twins born to this mama.  They were no more than a few hours old and still getting their walking legs underneath them.  SO cute!

















The twins are girls.  And mama is protective of them.

















I wanted to get a little closer, but when I tried, mama started to head up hill with babies in tow.  I stopped, snapped one last photo and let them be.

This upcoming weekend I'll be touring some farms in the Carmel valley to learn more about where some of our food is grown.  Looking forward to sharing my experience with you!



 
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

11 comments:

cyberscryber said...

Aw, so sweet! Good that both twins are okay and mama has accepted both. Makes me miss the ranch I grew up on...a little. It was sad when a calf or mama died. And sending all those cows off in a semi truck to the feedlots....waaaaah! I do like to eat beef though. :)

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What cute, and precious calves--Thanks for an 'aaaaawww moment' during the 'Presidents job-speech!' I'd much rather be looking at them than the TV! :-))

TexWisGirl said...

ADORABLE!!! i hope mama keeps them safe and healthy!

Suz and Allan said...

What a beautiful set of twins! Are they both males, females, or one of each? Hope they both do ok. In talking with several cattle producers this year (I do phone audits for cattle source & age verification) it seems like it's been a bad year for twins. Hopefully these guys will be an exception!

ann said...

We always have to put twins in the barn is cold when we calf. It also helps them bond with out help from another cow.

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Suz and Allan, the twins are both girls. So far they're doing fine, we very seldom loose beef calves, even when they're twins:)

The Weaver of Grass said...

Unfortunately Nancy I couldn't find the photograph, but twins are always nice aren't they? Here in the UK a couple of weeks ago a beef cow had 5 calves!

Janet said...

Thanks for posting the baby pics. Our steers are gone and we've yet to get new ones. (I hate an empty barn.)

Dar said...

The twins make me yearn for my hobby farming we used to do when we were youngins' like you.
My Dad had twins on the home farm that he named Pete and Re-Pete...come think of it, they were Black Angus.
BlessYourHeart...and those cuties too.

Teresa said...

Adorable! I love watching them try to get those legs to work.

Anonymous said...

Darling