Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 29, 2011

My Top 5 Places to Shop for Kids

Living the farm life, my kids go through a TON of clothing; they're worn at the barn, on the tractor, playing in the feed bins and need to be durable enough to go through many washings and worn to school as well.

Today it's all about shopping for kid's clothing. I never pay full price for a clothing item.  Finding good deals, sales and coupons is like a treasure hunt for me.  And when we've reached the end of a season, I stock up for the following year, if I can.

A favorite online site I was recently turned on to by my daughter’s teacher is Zulily.com.  After signing up, you’ll receive a daily email with the 'event of the day'.  You can expect boutique brands and a hand picked selection of high-quality goods that are on sale for up to a 90% off retail.  They have plenty of children’s clothing and shoe inventory to choose from. {adult items as well!} Each sale event lasts only 72 hours and normally the popular items sell out within the first day {or hours}, so if you see something you like, buy it. 

Here are a few of their recent items:


 

 Pink Carter's Boots: $22.99
 

Another favorite place to shop at is The Children's Place, either online or at the store.  They have a flat shipping rate of $5 or it's free with over $75 in purchases.  Their regular prices are pretty good and the outfits are adorable.












Boy jeans for $14 and long sleeve polo for $12.


But the best part about online shopping at The Children's Place is the end of season clearance sale.  I buy all of the following year's summer clothes in the approriate size for a great discount.


$8.99
Skort $8.99





         Dress $8.99                                                            Ruffled Jumper $11.39         





Boy's Polo $5.99



Plaid Shorts $8.99

I have also become a fan of Kohl's lately.  We have three of them within 30 miles from where we live so I normally shop at the store but you can shop online as well.  What I love about Kohl's, other than the cute children's clothing they carry, are their sales. I only buy things when they're on sale and if there's something you have a hankering for that isn't on sale, wait a week or two and it will be. 

If you sign up with Kohl's online, they will email you coupons which you can redeem at the store for up to an additional 30% off AND if you sign up for their credit card you will recieve exclusive coupons and savings on top of the sale prices.  The deals this store forks out are amazing!

Paige has this.....


And this......

I buy Bryce's clothes here as well....but let's face it, girl's clothing is so much more fun to buy, right?!



I pick up quite a few things at Target and Old Navy as well.......can't beat the prices there either.

I'm linking up to Kelly's Korner for the 'Shop For Kids' blog hop, so if you want to find more fabulous places to shop for kids, head on over and check it out!  

Where do you like to shop for your kids, grandkids, friend's, nieces or nephews??




Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. I love to hear from you! Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

3 comments:

Tiff said...

You can always count on Old Navy and Target for good stuff! :)

Erin Janda Rawlings said...

I've been wanting to check out Zulilly! I didn't realize that they were so reasonable! Thanks for the tip!

wholesale coogi said...

I just take a peek and I discovered your post. It is such a wonderful collection. I love it. A lot of thanks for sharing.


Michelle