Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

September 12, 2011

An Invasion at the Farm

Invasion, it’s a funny thing sometimes. Normally in September we’re invaded by an ant army that has found their sneaky way into the house in search of water, but when there’s an almost 7 year old boy in the house, invasions could be an entirely different thing.

One would think, growing up on a dairy farm, an almost 7 year old’s treasures and toys would mostly include toy tractors, cowboys, excavators, horses, dump trucks, etc. But, my almost 7 year old goes in the extreme opposite direction.

No more tractors, no cowboys, no more excavators….it’s all about Star Wars and it has been for the past couple of years.

We’re being invaded in our own home.....

by Droids.













Oh wait, silly mommy, these aren’t Droids! These are CLONE TROOPERS!














THESE are Droids.  I stand corrected by my very bossy, type A, almost 7 year old.














And I have NO idea what these are, but they’re in on the action also.













And I find all of the above, EVERY. WHERE.

I use the bathroom, I look to the side and atop the counter, there’s a crew of them staring at me, protecting their fortress.

At night, I jump into bed, reach for a book on my nightstand and there I find yet another crew of Droids, perfectly placed for their nightly shift to protect mommy while she sleeps.














And someone please help me if I’ve angered my almost 7 year old! Because then, I encounter loads of Droids and Clones in every doorway I frequent; the bedroom, the laundry room, the bathroom, the office, even the kitchen counter…..all strategically placed in battle formation, ready to take down Mommy.

What's the toy of choice at your house these days?

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

6 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i am laughing!!! it's very cute and clever (and yes, i'm sure it gets on your nerves too!!!)

Teresa said...

Well, hey, if you have to be invaded...this isn't too bad.

Suz and Allan said...

This is too funny!

Sue said...

Been there done that, except it was Gi joe stuff. lol.
Sue

jules said...

When my son was little it was dinosaurs.....everywhere!

Melissa said...

This post made me smile. My son seems to be exactly like yours. I find these little guys, usually in some sort of battle formation, everywhere! Heaven forbid anyone move one out of order. My son is 8 and has been into these little figurines for several years now. They keep him very busy. :)