Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 21, 2011

Top 10 Ways to Eat Blueberries

With blueberry season here, one of my kids, Bryce, is extremely happy.....he loves them and can never get enough of them!  Paige.......not so much, she's more of a strawberry girl.  When blueberries are in season, I like to buy plenty and store in the freezer to use through out the year. 














Top 10 ways to consume blueberries in our household may go something like this........
  1. Rinsed and eaten fresh.
  2. Add to our favorite muffin recipe.
  3. Mixed in with yogurt.
  4. Tossed in a green or spinach salad with some feta cheese and poppyseed dressing.
  5. Mix in with oatmeal for breakfast.
  6. Add to a quick bread recipe.
  7. Mix into your waffle or pancake batter.
  8. Dipped into chocolate.
  9. Puree and mix into cream cheese for your bagel or toast.
  10. Puree and mix into soft ice cream and then re-freeze.

How do you like your blueberries?

Linking up to:
Tuesday Garden Party
Pinke Post
Project Alicia

I love to hear from you! Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment. Have a fantastic day!


Pin It

19 comments:

Linda said...

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll keep these in mind when our blueberries ripen.

Rebecca said...

Blueberry burgers
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/blueberry_beef_burgers.html

Sounds odd but you'll be sold

Sarah said...

YUM! Blueberries are so good! I usually just got with rinse and eat but I will have to try to puree them and put them with ice cream - yummy!!

Sarah from The House That Ag Built

Bird Stalker Photography said...

made blueberry sorbet the other day they are awesome. I am gonna make a trifle and put them in there also.

k. said...

I've made blueberry gelato and I love them on cereal. Well, actually, I like them with milk and a little cereal on top.

TexWisGirl said...

#10 yes! just smash them into softening ice cream and dine!

Reena said...

Either in pancakes or with cream and a little sugar ...yum yum!

Anonymous said...

I like mine baked into muffins on a cold winter morning!

Di

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

I'm loving all the suggestions!....blueberry burgers?! YUM!

Ott, A. said...

we are still a couple of weeks away from blueberries being ready but I like your idea of blending them into yogurt and ice cream or freezing them for later. i froze some rhubarb this past weekend.

Pat Tillett said...

I love 'em and all 10 sound pretty good to me. I usually blend them in to smoothies.

Dar said...

Fresh off the Wild bush while camping, like the bears eat them. Actually, my fav is with milk and sugar, like raspberries ....blueberries rock!
BlessYourHeart

Dawn said...

Fresh blueberries with oatmeal every morning!
I am a displaced farmgirl living in Metro Atlanta. I'm loving your blog..and I SO MISS the country and farm life..(sigh!)

Unknown said...

Lovely little photo! I would eat them fresh most of the time but would add them to a muffin . . .

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

I like blueberries just about any way except in pie. Something about the texture.

Buttons Thoughts said...

I love my blueberries in muffins and even tossed in my green salad. B

alicia said...

Great ideas! So perfect for summer!!

Gina Kleinworth said...

Hands down- my daughter's favorite is blueberries- this totally made her day

Athena at Minerva's Garden said...

I have a recipe that I got from an old Sunset magazine for blueberry-buttermilk pancakes that often makes it to our table for weekend breakfasts--so good, and it works fine to use frozen berries if it's not in season for fresh.