Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 14, 2011

WW: Farmhouse Dinner

Summer vacation.  Kids can be up until 9:30 on any given night, impromptu dinners at my in-law's house can happen spur of the moment.  And this is just what happened last night. 

Dinner at the farmhouse.  Okay, it's not a 'farmhouse style' of a house, considering my in-law's home was moved from the downtown area, to the farm back in the 1950's when Dominic's grandfather had the milk barn, calf barn and bunk house relocated from across the street after he sold some farm land to the North Marin Water District for the creation of Stafford Lake.  But it is the house that came to the farm that holds many years of our farm's history.

Therefore, in my opinion, it is the Farmhouse.

After toting my two kids around all day yesterday, last night, my sister-in-law, Lesha and her three kids along with mine, arrived back at the farm.  Gavin, her oldest, has been spending a lot of time here so he can practice with Emma in preperation for the fair.  All five kids had been playing together since 11 a.m., they didn't seem very tired {endless energy} but they were hungry.  Lesha brought some chicken she somehow managed to bake in the middle of having five kids in her house all day, we brought down some hamburger patties to barbecue and Annette had a big fresh green salad, risotto and cooked carrots to put on the dinner table.

Last minute plans sometimes carry the best memories with them.















P.S.  one day, maybe, I will learn how to take better indoor photos!  Flash or no flash?  Yikes!

Linking up for Wordless Wednesday to:
Pinke Post
Dagmar's Momsense

Thank you to all that have voted so far! But I still need your help friends, please click here to vote for Rocky Road ice cream in the Progressive Dairyman Face Off!  I am only participating in this contest for fun and to help celebrate June as Dairy Month.With every vote, your name can be entered to win $100 in free ice cream!!    Thanks for your support!

If you missed out on what this challenge is all about, click on Face Off Challenge for an explanation!

For your viewing, the road to Rocky Road~



Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!


Pin It

11 comments:

Red said...

What a nice looking family. All the smiles. Some of the best memories are made impromptu. The kids will remember spending time with each other.

Unknown said...

These are so my favorite meals - no planning, no fuss just being together!

Unknown said...

I never knew that story about the dairy buildings or your in-laws home being moved! Guess it all happened way before I came around, since as far as I know the Lake has "always been there"! Summer dinners are the best, so fun to share them with family!

Michelle said...

Looks like you have a great family!

Katie said...

Love the stories and history of your farm. And family dinners impromptu are fantastic fun memories. Enjoy.

LB @ Bullets And Biscuits said...

Now that's my kinda dinner....and the best!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Yum!

I'm a flash person. My husband is anti-flash. Typical.

The Weaver of Grass said...

Nothink wrong with those photos Nancy - they show everyone enjoying themselves - what more could you ask for?

Kim said...

"What are you all having for supper?" is something we ask back and forth with my in-laws next door. It's nice to just gather it together and eat.

Inger said...

Your kids will have so many wonderful childhood memories, most of them from impromptu happenings like this dinner. Looks like so much fun!

Southern Gal said...

Looks like I'm too late to vote, but I love the video! Weird Al? My boys sing his Yoda and The Saga Begins songs over and over again.