Blog Statement

Life is too short to eat bad food! Sharing great recipes, farm life, stories and photography from our Northern California dairy farm.

TDM CCN Header

June 20, 2011

Even Little Queens Have Mishaps

It's early on Sunday morning, hair is being done,
hoop skirt on, check
full length white gown on, check
white gloves, check
7 ft. cape is in the car, check
tiara bobby pinned into place, check.















A day in the life of a 'Little Queen' on parade day, has just begun.  This was Paige's first experience walking in a procession as Petaluma Holy Ghost Portuguese Society's 'little queen'.  She did better than expected.

Let's just say, she took on her new role seriously.  Queen wave and all.

Until.....
well, I knew something was bound to happen, and it did.  But we all laugh about it now.  After the procession, back at the hall, as tradition goes, the Senior Queen releases a white dove.















She released it and it decided to do a dive bomb move.



 Heading straight for.........















Paige's tiara.














Where it perched until someone grabbed a hold of it.




















But in queen like fashion, Paige held her composure, for the most part. I now know for certain, animals really respond well and can sense when there's an extreme animal lover in the crowd.















All was better after some food and a little Barbie playtime:)

To explain what this parade is all about, click on "My Portuguese Heritage"


Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave a comment, I love to hear from you!. Have a fantastic day!

Pin It

20 comments:

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

hi nancy...they are all so adorable....and YES!!! the dove did know an animal lover....too cute !!!!

looks like a good time was had by all...

always a pleasure to visit with you, my friend

kary and teddy
xo

TexWisGirl said...

Miss America doesn't have to put up with that cr*p! :)

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@texwisgirl, you are absolutely right!

Unknown said...

At least it didn't poop on her head!

She looks gorgous - that must have been so fun for her!

Unknown said...

I'm with Jent.. I thought that was where the story was going!! I bet she had a blast!!

Dawn said...

Oh MY! Ummm....I have to say this is pretty sweet...and that you captured it all is priceless:)
I love it! (Although i wouldn't have had it been me;))

Reena said...

What a little champ, staying so calm!

Katie said...

First Paige is a beauty! But I can't stop laughing at that picture. What a moment! She is a trooper!

Andrea said...

That is absolutely adorable! Love it :)

gloryorganics.wordpress.com

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

It's okay Katie, I can't stop laughing either! What's even more funny is if you enlarge the photo above the zoomed in one, is everyone else's reaction...hysterical!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That bird! What a pic to capture! Glad barbies made it all better, lol.

trump said...

I really enjoy these local small town events, lots of charm. Richard from the Amish settlement of Lebanon,Pa.

Inger said...

I actually think that the photo with the dove is very special and beautiful. She really held her composure like a true animal lover. And good about the dove not pooping, of course.

The Weaver of Grass said...

I don't really understand what this little parade is all about - I don't think we have such things in UK. But she does look pretty!

Nancy Grossi ~ Churned In Cali ~ The Wife of a Dairyman said...

@Canyon Girl, I am with you and so is Paige....she has since asked me to print out the photo so she can look at the dove on her at any time she chooses, which I think is so sweet:) Thank you.

@Weaver, I have just updated the post with a link at the end, which will explain what the parade is all about:) Thank you.

Valentina@baby quilts said...

Such a precious picture; and the experience is so unique - it will definitely make the family history books.

Dana Gustafson said...

I'm sure somehwere it is written that when a dove lands on your tiara your life is a lucky one! What a champ!

Okdairylady said...

This is so wonderful. It is such a great way to teach faith and history.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, love the story.

Buttons Thoughts said...

She is truly a girl who will be able to handle any situation. A very smart calm girl. She looks beautiful. B